Thursday, June 20, 2013

How to Remember Forever

Lexia's first birthday
 Over the last few months I've spent a lot of time planning how to use this blog.  All I needed was a pocket of time whereby I could finally invest in bringing my blogger dreams to life.

I've researched the steps for effective blog launches and know the importance of offering solutions to readers' problems. "I have plans", I keep telling myself. "I don't just have time". 

So I've been waiting until work slows down ... waiting until my daughter goes to sleep at a reasonable time ... waiting until my long-term blogger vision is fully fleshed out.  In the meantime, work keeps getting busier, Lexia finds new ways to keep me busy and key opportunities to document the Superb Life have slipped away.

I am extremely grateful that the universe has given me the opportunity to be the mother of a healthy little girl - and I don't want to forget a thing!  Memories of this chapter of my life are the ones I am going to cling to forever.

Quite often, during a particularly lovely moment, I embrace my daughter tightly, squeeze my eyes shut and will myself to etch the memory into my brain for eternity.  Just in case that system ever fails me, I've decided to jump into this blog just as I am: busy, scattered and without a plan.

Even if the Superb Life never serves any another purpose, it will help me remember how lucky I was to be here.




No comments:

Post a Comment